Greyfriars priory in Dunwich dates from the 13th century and is supposedly home to a number of ghostly monks. Lights have been seen and the sounds of chanting heard. The legendary Black Shuck was also witnessed running through the ruins in 1926.
Willo-the-Wisps, known locally as Hobby Lanterns, were once thought to linger here. They would try to lure people over the edge of the nearby cliffs. These dancing lights were supposedly most active at night between 29th September and 24th December.
John is a TV/radio presenter and author living in Suffolk